The most popular instant messaging service WhatsApp has introduced its much-anticipated voice-calling feature. It is currently the biggest instant message service in the world. Till January 2015, it has over 700 million users.Whatsapp calling feature was side-loaded with the latest WhatsApp build the version is 2.11.508. The introduction of this facility would put WhatsApp in direct competition with the likes of Skype and Viber.
The WhatsApp calling feature is in beta version and it has not been published yet. In order to use this feature, you need to receive calls from WhatsApp or someone else who has that feature. Also in this article would show you ways you can download and install WhatsApp call feature without any invitation. Below are the step by step methods.
Using WhatsApp Calling Feature Enabler Apk For Android
WhatsApp calling Feature apk unlocks the calling features with the default whatsapp apk as well to call friends without adding them as well.
Root device is required to use this feature.
- Extract files and install the whatsapp apk Here
- Now install the apk for “Enabling Whatsapp Calling Feature” within extracted file.
- Run the Apk downloaded and installed to give whatapp superuser permission.
- Calling Feature is Enabled.
How To Download & Enable WhatsApp Call Feature
The calling feature is not published, and in order to use that feature we need to receive an invitation which is a big problem for everyone who want to use this feature.
Below, i would show you both ways to enable the Whatsapp calling feature with and without invitation.
How To Enable WhatsApp Calling Feature With Invite
- Root access
- Latest whatsApp (version 2.11.508 or higher). Download from Official Site Here
- Terminal emulator from Play store Here
Steps To Use Whatsapp Calling Feature
- Install latest version of WhatsApp
- Install Terminal Emulator app and open it.
- Copy and paste the below commands inside the Terminal Emulator App
su am start -n com.whatsapp/com.whatsapp.HomeActivity
- whatsapp should now open with the calling feature enabled.
NOTE: if you want to call someone, the other person must have done the same thing (enabled this feature) in order for that person to receive your call. The person to whom you want to call must have enabled calling features in order to receive your call.
How To Enable WhatsApp Calling Feature Without Invite
This method may work for you, but it is not a sure guarantee it would actually work for you. Do this at your own risk.
- A rooted device
- Latest whatsapp apk
- you have to receive a call from someone who has the feature active ( answer the call) before following these steps below
- Open any root explorer (es file explorer preferred ) and navigate to /data/data/com.whatsapp/shared_prefs/com.whatsapp_preferences.xml
- Add these 2 lines anywhere in the file but within the <map></map> and saveCode:
<boolean name="call" value="true" /> <string name="call_allowed">all</string>
- Then go to Settings/Apps/Whatsapp and force stop it !
- Open the app again
- You have now enabled calls
See Screenshots Below: