The NYSC scheme was created in a bid to reconstruct, reconcile and rebuild the country after the Nigerian Civil war, and NYSC was formed with aim and view to the proper encouragement and development of common ties among the youths of Nigeria and the promotion of national unity in the country. This article is to inform the general public about the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) mobile application for serving corps members in Nigeria, This new Nysc mobile application will enable every youth corper to communicate and also access online contents of the Nysc scheme via their mobile devices.
Read all about Nysc Redeployment and How to Redeploy
You can read all about the NYSC mobile app and downloads Here, The mobile app would be of great use during your Nysc
The Nysc mobile application is presently on the Android and Windows phone platform, and would soon be made available on the iOS and Blackberry Platform.
According to the Director General of the scheme, Brig. Gen. Olawumi said the introduction of the mobile app was a tool for information dissemination that would fast-track easy link between the scheme and the corp members. He said the mobile app would enable corps members communicate amongst themselves and officers of the scheme using their mobile phones.
Also the acting director of ICT department of the scheme Joseph Abu said the mobile app “will technologically put the scheme in the pockets of corps members. Some of the information include the Service guide, Bye laws, Security tips, Health tips, Distress issues, Chatting platform, Language lessons, and Service news amongst others.” He added that the app will equally offer that staff of the scheme the platform for adequate monitoring and feedback on any issue raised by corps members.
Key Features of The Nysc Mobile App
- NYSC SERVICE YEAR GUIDE
- Distress Report Tool (With rapid response from your state of service)
- NYSC News Feeds (Uploaded from all NYSC State Secretariats and the Directorate Headquarters)
- NYSC SECRETARIAT and Camp Addresses Guide
- Nigeria Local Languages Tutorials
- Skills Acquisition and Entrepreneurship Development (SAED) Corner
- CDS GUIDE
- Security Tips
- Health Tips
- NYSC BYE-LAWS and DECREE
- Profiles of Present and Past Directors General
- NYSC Official Distress Lines(for Voice Call, SMS and also Email)
- NYSC Web Portal
- Social Media Integration with Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
The following are the benefits abound within the application:
- The NYSC MOBILE APP works 80% offline and 20% online which makes it really useful even in the most remote communities.
- One-click access: simply click on the app icon and all the features and update are immediately at Corps members’ fingertips. Helpful to corps members in even the most local environments
- NEWS and Information Updates: updates can be passed to all corps member in real-time, without waiting for them to log onto the website for the most recent updates. Information simply comes to meet corps members not vice-versa
- The app offers special mobile features that websites are much less compatible with.
- Cost benefits: the cost of corps members getting information about will be reduced by over 100%
How to Download Nysc Mobile App On Your Device
For Android Users click Here to download from Play store.
For Windows phone Users Click Here to download from Windows store
For iPhone and Blackberry Users i would Update a link as soon its made available.
Have a fruitful service year to all “Otondos” with wonderful moments to always remember.