Instagram, few days ago announced its latest feature Instagram Stories, a new, very Snapchat-inspired component of the photo sharing app which allows users to upload photos and videos to their Instagram Story which lasts only 24 hours before disappearing from your Insta profile.
This simply means that the photos and videos shared in your Instagram Story are timed based and can’t be viewed once 24 hours have elapsed. Content shared to stories also won’t appear on your profile grid or in the main Instagram feed.
It basically works the same way as Snapchat stories, except it has significantly better filter options. Snapchat gives you an option of lighter, yellow-er and bluer, but in Instagram’s version, the filters are actually perfect.
Lets quickly dive into how to operate the Instagram stories
How To Upload Instagram Stories
- Firstly, you need to update your instagram app to the latest version to be able to use the new instagram stories features.
- Click the plus arrow in the top left corner of your Instagram feed to start a new story.
- Tap on the circle button at the bottom of the screen to take a photo or hold it down to record a video
- To add or drawing to your photo or video, use the buttons in the top right corner.
- Edit the photos or videos with text or add a drawing as you normally would. If you hit the pen icon, there are three types of pens. The third one makes your sketch look like a neon sign.
- Tap Done to save your story.
- Tap the check mark button to share to your story.
- To save your story to your camera roll, hit the download button on the right of your story.
- You can also upload Boomerangs, photos and Hyper lapses to your Instagram Story.
You’ll see stories from people you follow in a bar at the top of your feed from your best friends to your favorite popular accounts. When there’s something new to see, their profile photo will have a colorful ring around it.
To view someone’s story, just tap on their profile photo. It’s easy to view stories at your own pace: tap to go back and forward or swipe to jump to another person’s story. If you want to comment on something you see, you can tap and send a private message to that person on Instagram Direct. Unlike regular posts, there are no likes or public comment
Your story follows the privacy settings of your account. If you set your account to private, your story is visible only to your followers. However, you can also easily hide your entire story from anyone you don’t want to see it, even if they follow you. When watching your own story, swipe up to check out who’s seen each photo and video. You can even choose to feature a particular part of your story by posting it on your profile.
How To Hide Your Instagram Stories
- Go to your profile and tap the sun symbol (iOS) or the three dots on Android in the top right of the screen.
- Choose Story Settings from the menu
- Click on Hide My Story From, Select who you are hiding it from the list and tap Done
I hardly open my snapchat anymore, If anything will keep Snapchat alive, it’s sexting!!