Last Updated on May 23, 2019 by Larious
4 Best Home Heating Systems In 2019 – Can you believe that the winter is almost here and it is not easy to get through it without a better heating system? If you already have one, then it’s high time you replace it with the best one!
To know which is the best heating system for your house, there are a set of criteria that you should be aware of:
- If your home is large with two or more rooms, you can look out for a heating system that allows you to control the temperature using radiator thermostats.
- If you stay in a one-room flat, a single Nest thermostat will offer you decent savings without having you to spend on extra radiator controllers.
- If you’re not convinced with the smart system and you wish to try them out, you get a chance to rent them by paying a monthly fee.
- This could be a great way to check if the system works according to your budget or no. Some of the thermostats can be installed using your basic wiring knowledge, provided; you have to replace the old thermostat with the new. If the plan is to install a new heating system, then the best option would be to call a professional.
Should You Buy a New Heater or Repair the Old One?
It totally depends on your requirements. If the heater can be used for one more season by repairing it then we’ll suggest buying a new one in the next winter season. If it’s of no use for you right now & can’t be repaired in any way then go ahead and buy a new one. Still confused? we recommend going through this guide by Comfort depot to clear your doubts completely.
4 Best Home Heating Systems In 2019
1. Nest Learning Thermostat
Since Nest Learning Thermostat has been built a few years back, it does not focus on any of the cutting edge technology. But the third-gen Nest does a great job and is one of the best heating systems for House. Apart from its instinctive wheel-shaped design, the thermostat has a simple app which is easy to use and countless learning capabilities that add up to your device.
Unlike other smart apps, Nest is not into zoned heating; therefore you can’t adjust the warmth of your bedroom, lounge, kitchen or bathroom individually.
If you live in a small flat with a few rooms, then you can rely on this heating system. The best part about this thermostat is it’s geolocation skills which will involuntarily boost your energy based on your activity.
- Looks very appealing
- Controls warm water
- Large display
- Distinguished app functionality
- USB power is complicated to use
- Doesn’t have zonal control. Therefore, you don’t have to buy multiple thermostats.
2. Hive Active Heating
The hive was one of the first smart heating systems which started as British Gas Remote Heating in 2011. Although it’s still a leading thermostat, it lacks some of the great features. Hive is not smart enough to know your habits and gives a choice of individual room control until a maximum of three zones. Not complaining about its skills though.
You have entire control over the app and therefore you can control heating through it. A lot of other features like IFTTT, Alexa compatibility, geolocation skills, planning holiday schedule, etc. can be integrated with Hive products like lights, door sensors and so on.
Hive focuses more on simplicity where the mobile app gives you an overall control on the heating system. In addition to that, you can make use of IFTTT or geolocation skills to turn on or off the heating system which acts as a reminder when you get out of the home or if you’re at a particular distance. It’s cool to have another part of Hive kit too. They make use of the same app and navigating between them is very simple.
- It’s easy to use.
- Looks very stylish
- You can integrate Alexa, IFTTT, geolocation skills, etc
- Rivals are having better features than Hive.
- Zonal heating is quite costly.
3. Honeywell Evohome
Here, you’re not training your device to be smart. It’s all about how good you are at controlling temperature yourself. You can adjust heating schedules for every room every day or manually suspend them using your phone or by turning the radiator valves.Pros
- Great power capacity.
- Doesn’t heat vacant rooms.
- Convenient and schedules are switchable.
- Functionalities can be easily handled using the app.
- Since it involves valves and installation, it can get expensive.
- It isn’t clever compared to other smart heating systems.
4. Tado smart Thermostat
Tado is very consistent from the last 5 years and is one of the best smart heating systems that we have. The system was incorporated with Evohome style smart radiator valves which could heat individual rooms independently of the thermostat. In addition to that, they also have other features like compatibility with Alexa, Google assistant, and Apple home kit.
Tado is one of the smartest heating systems that has maintained a perfect balance with Alexa by notifying you about the heating up schedules and doesn’t screw it up in any way.
The app functions in a straightforward manner that lets you tweak whenever you wish. Tado kit has radiator thermostats which are an excellent add-on for large houses with many rooms. They also possess geolocation skills that can track down your location and can sense when you come home. The only thing tado lacks is that it’s not very appealing to look but functions great!
- Great app
- Has geolocation skills
- Zonal control with radiator thermostats
- Can incorporate Alexa and Google assistant.
- The installation process is simple.
- Not great to look
- Initial outlay appears significant once radiator thermostats are added