Last Updated on March 18, 2023 by Larious
GPT-3 had already rocketed the AI section, and now OpenAI has launched its successor – GPT-4. The launch of GPT-4 has already diminished the craze of Google’s recently announced PaLM AI Model, which is supposed to be a GPT-3 competitor.
Table of Contents
What is GPT-4?
Simply put, GPT-4 is a large language model created by AI Powerhouse OpenAI. It’s a successor of GPT-3, which took the internet by storm and is more advanced.
GPT-4 can now accept images as input; on the other hand, GPT-3 and GPT 3.5 can only handle text inputs. This means that video creators and image editors can take the help of GPT-4 to create unique content.
The handling power on GPT-4 is also increased significantly; it can handle over 25000 words of text. Besides that, GPT-4 can now process more information at a time.
How to Access GPT-4 AI Right now?
There are two different ways to access the GPT-4 AI Model. However, do note that GPT-4 is not free; you must purchase a $20/month subscription to access the new AI Model.
If you are a ChatGPT Plus subscriber, you can access GPT-4 straight and enjoy the immense benefits.
Access GPT-4 (Official Method)
You must follow this method only if you have a ChatGPT Plus Subscription. Also, if you don’t have a ChatGPT Plus subscription, you can follow the steps to subscribe and get access to GPT-4 AI Model.
1. First, open your favorite web browser and visit this webpage. This will open the ChatGPT website.
2. On the welcome screen, click the login button and log in to your account. If you don’t have an account, click the Sign up button.
3. Now go through the account creation process and create your account.
4. If you are not subscribed to ChatGPT Plus, you will see a new ‘Upgrade to Plus‘ option in the bottom left corner. Click on the ‘Upgrade to Plus’ option.
5. On the Your Account prompt, click the ‘Upgrade plan‘ on ChatGPT Plus.
6. Next, enter your payment details and billing address. Next, click on the Subscribe button.
7. Once the payment is made, you can use GPT-4 model without any restrictions. Select ‘GPT-4‘ on the Model drop-down and continue using it.
That’s it! This is the official method for accessing GPT-4 right now on your computer.
How to use GPT-4 for Free?
If you can’t afford a ChatGPT Plus subscription, an alternative lets you use GPT-4 for free.
Microsoft recently revealed that its new Bing search engine uses GPT-4, the latest from OpenAI’s offering. This means that you can use the new Bing Search engine to access the new GPT-4 AI Model without spending anything.
However, getting hands with Microsoft Bing’s new AI Chat can be challenging. You would have to join a long waiting list to access it.
If you haven’t used the new Bing AI, follow our guide to access Bing AI GPT-4 Powered chat on any web browser. And, if you haven’t yet joined the waitlist to access the new Bing AI Chat, follow our guide – Use ChatGPT on Microsoft Edge & Bing
Which is Better, Bing AI or GPT-4?
The new Bing AI service now runs on GPT-4, so there’s no competition between the two. However, GPT-4 is limited to September 2021 dataset, and on the other hand, Bing AI chat uses the internet to fetch the most recent results.
Bing AI may not provide you with the full-fledged GPT-4 experience, but it covers all real-time events. So, if you can adjust to the limitation of GPT-4, a ChatGPT Plus subscription could be the best pick.
If you want to avoid purchasing a ChatGPT Plus subscription, Bing AI could be an obvious choice.
Also read: How to Use ChatGPT on Microsoft Edge & Bing
So, that’s all about the newly launched GPT-4 and how you can use it. If you need more help accessing the new GPT-4, let us know in the comments. Also, if the article helped you, make sure to share it with your friends.