Last Updated on April 13, 2022 by Larious
Being introduced to us as a simple photo-sharing platform, Instagram has evolved a lot, and it has now become one of the leading social networks in the world. The site now allows you to exchange text messages, share stories, make voice & video calls, and more.
Also, it has a TikTok type feature called Reels that allows you to share or watch shorter videos. If you remember, a few days ago, an update was rolled out to the Instagram mobile app that introduced a bunch of new features.
We have already talked about the new Instagram features in our article – How to Use Instagram’s New Quick Reply Feature. One of the useful features introduced to Instagram is the new Quick Share menu. The new Quick Share feature is available on the Instagram app for Android & iOS, and every user can use it now.
The Quick Share feature of Instagram allows you to quickly share any image, video, or reel to others directly through the feed. Hence, if you are interested in using Instagram’s new Quick Share feature, you are reading the right guide. Below, we have shared a step-by-step guide on how to use Instagram’s new Quick Share feature. Let’s check out.
Note: We have used an Android device to demonstrate the process. If you are using an iOS device, you need to follow the same steps to use the Quick Share feature of WhatsApp.
1. First of all, open the Instagram app on your Android or iOS device.
2. Now, continue using the app. Find the post that you want to share with your friends in DMs. The post could be anything like an image, video, or Story.
3. Underneath the post content, tap and hold the send icon, as shown below.
4. Now, you will be able to see a new pop-up displaying the profile picture of the contacts that you most interact with.
5. Simply slide your finger to the profile picture of the user you want to share.
That’s it! This is how you can use Instagram’s new Quick Share feature on Android and iOS.
If you are unable to find the new Quick Share menu, you need to update the Instagram app from the iOS or Android app store. This will most probably add the new feature to your Instagram app.
So, this guide is all about how to use Instagram’s new quick share feature. I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends also. If you have any doubts related to this, let us know in the comment box below.