Last Updated on April 2, 2017 by Larious
Android phones are one of the most popular brand of smartphones in the world. Smartphones manufacturers recently came up with amazing low budget Android smartphones that floods the android market, whereby allowing access to various types of fake androids smartphones to mix with the original brands made by the manufacturers.
Android is an open-source mobile Os, the leading manufacturer like Samsung and others have now moved to android operating system platform. The China local manufacturers are taking advantage of open-source android to clone a device, since the mobile market is running very fast, in every month a new device is getting launched.
Most of the cloned androids phones available today are built so cheaply that their materials and their craftsmanship reflect the amount of money invested on them when compared to the original version.
Some suppliers in China have taken to counterfeiting the Android smartphones and passing them off as the real thing to ignorant buyers, few phone dealers shops have even picked up the fakes and are redistributing them as the real stuff.
Those china android smartphones are so identical with the real device that you find it so difficult to spot the difference and making it so hard to identify whether they are fake or not. Practically all original brands of the Android device have been cloned by these China companies.
How To Identify Fake Android Phones
Below are 100% tested and trusted ways and techniques to aid you to actually spot the difference between the fake android device and the real device.
Lets Get Started:
What are the things to look out for when trying to spot a fake Android phone?
Perform a Physical Check-up to Distinguish a Fake Galaxy Phone from a Real One
Below are little things to notice and take note of:
- Check on the screen’s brightness and vibrancy: original android screen is vibrant and lively colors on-screen, Fake devices show dull colors.
- Check the space from the screen to the edge. Cloned phones have a wide gap from the edge of the screen to the edge of the phone.
- The Samsung logo or the Android device logo on the phone is not smoothed. You can feel the Samsung logo on fake products. The logo can be easily rubbed off and removed.
- Gap on the home and power buttons and volume buttons have abnormal gaps on the fake android phones.
- Check the phone sensors. Some sensors are missing or misplaced.
- Check the screen’s glass material. Run your fingers through the screen. If it feels like plastic more than glass, then the device is made of cheap glass material.
Check the Android phone Graphics And performance
Some fake Android phones are so convincing that one can hardly see any physical differences from the real product. However, when put to performance tests, they fail and the devices will be exploited. Try these tests below:
- Multi-task by opening multiple applications. Play music in the background while opening other applications. Do not close applications. Instead, press the Home button and open other applications. Fake phones will either run slow or hang
- Reboot the phone then observe the boot sound and animation: Fake devices tend to start very slowly compared to real Galaxy phones.
- Take multiple pictures. Notice the speed of how pictures were taken
- Run graphics-intensive games
Check using Android Codes:
The Samsung codes would be used for this tutorial
Samsung Galaxy phones have fixed codes that can be entered to test functions or view information about the device. You just simply input the codes in your dialer app and your phone should respond to it. If the phone does not show any response, then the Galaxy device you are holding is an imit. These are the most common Samsung codes:
#06# [Displays device IMEI number]
*#1234# [Displays device current firmware]
*##1472365## [GPS test settings]
##197328640## [Service mode main menu]
##4636## [Diagnostic and general settings mode]
#0# [General Test Mode]
#0228# [ADC Reading]
*#0283# [Audio Loopback Control]
*#0289# [Melody Test Mode]
*#03# [NAND Flash S/N]
*#0588# [Proximity Sensor Test Mode]
*#0589# [Light Sensor Test Mode]
*#0673# [Audio Test Mode]
*#07# [Test History]
*#0782# [Real Time Clock Test]
*#0842# [Vibra Motor Test Mode]
*#12580369# [SW & HW Info]
*#1575# [GPS Control Menu]
*#2263# [RF Band Selection]
*#232331# [Bluetooth Test Mode]
*#232337# [Bluetooth Address]
*#232338# [WLAN MAC Address]
*#232339# [WLAN Test Mode]
*#2663# [TSP / TSK firmware update]
Tips And Tricks You Should Know Before Buying That Fake Android Phone
- Please do not buy a buy a Android phone because is it too cheap, For example you see a New Samsung S4 for 20k. it is obvious is the china version, do not be fooled by the low price.
- Always buy your android phone from well trusted authorized phone dealers. Do not buy phones at road side shops.
- Using the above ways to spot a fake android device is very helpful.