Last Updated on March 3, 2023 by Larious
You have many word processors in the market today, but Microsoft Word is exceptional and is known for its simplicity, compatibility, and ease of use.
Microsoft Word is used by millions of users worldwide; this includes students, teachers, business persons, home PC users, organizations, etc.
Microsoft Word allows you to create, edit, and share documents like every other word processor. This article will discuss Microsoft Word 2021, the latest version of Microsoft Word.
About Microsoft Word 2021
Microsoft Word 2021 is a part of Microsoft Office Suite 2021. But it’s also available as a stand-alone application for those who don’t want to purchase the entire Office Suite.
It’s a word processor developed by Microsoft that allows you to create, edit and share documents. The reason it fairs better than its competitors is its features.
It can’t be considered a ‘simple’ word processor since it features that would entice professionals looking for ways to give presentations. One of the most amazing features of Microsoft Word is that it helps you get creative with 3D Models.
After downloading Microsoft Word 2021 on Windows, you will notice all the classic features, along with a few new ones.
Microsoft Word 2021 Free Download
You can’t download Microsoft Word 2021 directly from the Microsoft Store because it has been removed in an attempt to push Microsoft 365.
If you don’t know what Microsoft 365 is, check out the difference between Office and Office 365. And remember, you can get Microsoft Word 2021 by installing Microsoft Office 2021. Hence, installing the full office suite package is the best option to get Microsoft Word 2021.
Since Microsoft doesn’t let you download Word 2021 from their official website, you need to rely on a few workarounds to download & install Microsoft Word 2021. Here are some working methods to download latest Microsoft Word 2021.
Microsoft Word 2021 System Requirements
Microsoft Word 2021 is the latest version, and it’s demanding. Even though you can use it on older Windows versions, you will miss the amazing features.
To get the most out of Microsoft Word 2021, it’s best to download or purchase it only if your device meets these system requirements.
- Processor: Dual Core Processor or Quad-Core Processor.
- RAM: 4GB or more for smooth performance.
- Disk Space: Minimum 4GB of storage space.
- Graphics: DirectX 9 or above.
- Net Framework: .NET3.5, 4.6, or above.
- Operating System: Windows 10, 11 (Also Available for Mac)
Download Microsoft Word 2021 64-Bit/32-bit (Office 2021 Installation)
The best and easiest way to get Microsoft Word 2021 is by installing the full Office 2021 suite.
You can get the full office suite from the Internet Archive and install it manually on your device. Once installed, you will have the Microsoft Word application on Windows. Here are the download links for Microsoft Office 2021 to get Microsoft Word 2021.
How to Install the ISO Files?
Well, installing Microsoft Office 2021 is pretty. You just need to download & install an ISO mounter on your PC and mount the ISO File.
After mounting it, you can install it on your computer from the virtual drive. Once installed, you will have the Word 2021 application on your Windows computer. If you want complete steps, check out our guide: Microsoft Office 2021 Download.
Download Microsoft Word 2021 from Microsoft 365 Apps Admin Center
Microsoft 365 Apps Admin Center is a site that helps IT admins deploy, manage, monitor, and secure Microsoft 365 apps within their organization.
You can use it to create a custom installation package for Microsoft Word 2021. Here’s what you need to do.
1. First, open this webpage and scroll down a bit. Next, click the Create button in the Create a new Configuration section.
2. Now, you will see the Office Customization Tool. Here you will find many details; you need to follow the setup we have shared below:
- Architecture: 32-bit or 64-bit (Depending on your OS Configuration)
- Office Suite: Office LTSC 2021 – Volume License
- Visio: Leave it as it is (None)
- Project: None
- Additional Products: None
3. After making the changes, scroll to the Apps section and select only the Word Application. Once done, click on the Next button.
4. On the Language section, select your primary language and click on the Next button.
5. After selecting the language, click the Export button in the top-right corner.
6. Next, on the Default File Format prompt, select ‘Office Open XML Formats‘ and click the Ok button at the bottom right corner.
7. Next, on the Export configuration to XML prompt, accept the terms and conditions and enter the file name. Once done, click on the Export button.
8. An XML file will be downloaded. Moving the file to a new folder and placing it on the desktop is recommended.
9. Once done, head to this webpage and download Office Deployment Tool.
10. Once downloaded, double-click on the Office Deployment Tool setup file to run it.
11. Next, accept the license terms and click the Continue button.
12. Now, you will be asked to browse for a folder. You need to select the folder where you have stored the XML file downloaded in Step 8.
13. Now open that folder and delete the four files shown in the screenshot below.
14. Copy the folder address displayed on the File Explorer’s Address bar.
15. Click on Windows Search and type CMD. Right-click on the Command Prompt and select ‘Run as administrator‘.
16. Select the folder path you copied in the command prompt. For that, execute the command below:
cd C:UsersAmarnathDesktopMicrosoft Word 2021
Important: You must paste the folder address you’ve copied in step 14 after cd.
17. This will select your folder. Next, execute the command:
setup /configure Microsoft Word 2021 - Techviral.net.xml
Important: Replace the ‘Microsoft Word 2021 – Techviral.net.xml’ with the name you gave in Step 7.
That’s it! This is a lengthy process, but it still works. Since the XML file you’ve created only has the Microsoft Word app, only the Word App will be downloaded & installed on your device.
Download Microsoft Word 2021 Standalone App
Microsoft has the Word Home and Student app available for home users and students who can’t afford to purchase the Microsoft Office suite.
It’s a standalone app of Microsoft Word, but you can use all new features if you purchase it. You will enjoy every new feature of Microsoft Word 2021 with this app.
Word Home and Student is available for non-commercial use, and you will get a lifetime license for Word 2021. It can be a bit expensive for students, but it’s worth the price.
Purchase Microsoft Word 2021 From Microsoft (Office 2021 Home & Student)
Even though you can get Microsoft Office 2021 from the download links we have shared, using an original copy is still recommended.
Original Microsoft Word 2021 will receive updates, and you will have Microsoft support for the first 60 days at no extra cost.
The Office Home & Student 2021 will get you Microsoft Word 2021 as part of the office suite application. But the license is priced at $149.99 for a single user on a PC or Mac and for non-commercial use.
If you can afford and want to credit the Microsoft Word Developer, contribute by purchasing the original Microsoft Word 2021 from the Microsoft Store.
Download Microsoft Word 2021 for Mac
Mac users can directly download Microsoft Word 2021 for Mac from the Apple App Store. The app is free to download, but to use the new features, you must log in with the same Microsoft account you used while purchasing the office suite.
Just download Microsoft Word 2021 for Mac and log in using the Microsoft account credential used for the Microsoft Office 2021 purchase. You can use Microsoft Word 2021 on Mac with full sets of features.
Other Ways to Get Microsoft Word 2021 for Free?
Almost all of the methods to download Microsoft Word 2021 free relies on downloading the Office 2021 package. Alternatively, you can subscribe to Microsoft 365 to enjoy Word 2021 at an affordable price.
In one of our articles, we have shared a few working ways to get Microsoft Office for free. The methods explained how to get Microsoft Office free trial, using for free with Education account, etc.
Also Read: Microsoft Office 2021 Free Download
You need to go through that article to know all possible ways to download Microsoft Word for free.
We understand you may have many questions before downloading any ISO file from third-party sites. It’s normal to have several security or privacy-related questions as well. Below, we have answered some of the most asked questions about Microsoft Word 2021 Download.
Is Microsoft Word 2021 free?
No Microsoft Word 2021 is not free. You need to subscribe to Microsoft 365 or purchase Microsoft Office 2021 to use it.
If you want it free, you need to download Microsoft Office 2021 ISO files we have shared. Office 2021 will get you Word 2021, and you can use it free for a lifetime.
Is there any Microsoft Word 2021 Crack?
Many websites claim to provide you with Microsoft Office 2021 or Microsoft Word 2021 crack.
It’s recommended to avoid downloading any crack because they are usually filled with malware. Some may even try to install cryptominer on your device.
How to Activate Microsoft Word 2021 for free?
You can’t activate Microsoft Word 2021 for free. But, if you have the Microsoft Office 2021 suite installed, you can activate it by opting for a free trial.
Students with education accounts get an extended trial period and discounts for Office Home & Student 2021.
Does Microsoft 365 Give You Word?
Microsoft 365 is a subscription-based version of the Microsoft Office suite. It has some added features like cloud storage, but you will get the fully installable version of Office Apps.
Office apps include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, and Access. Since it’s a subscription-based service, you can use the latest version of the Microsoft Word app.
Downloading Microsoft Word 2021 is straightforward because you have many options. The best way to get Microsoft Word 2021 is by installing the latest Office Suite or using a Microsoft 365 subscription.
Also, if you can afford it, you should purchase the original Microsoft Word 2021 (via Office Package) from the Microsoft Store. Let us know if you need more help on this topic in the comments.