Last Updated on November 15, 2014 by Larious
Internet subscription in the country is quite expensive for the average Nigerians, and we the masses always look for an alternative way to stay connected to the internet using affordable data plans or free browsing tips and tricks from different network providers. This tutorial focuses on explaining every steps in using your GLO 1K 3G BIS plan on your PC using Blackberry desktop manager (BDM). And also showing you how to create Wi-Fi on your PC and connecting other devices to the internet using your GLO 1K 3GB BIS plan.
The benefit of using GLO 1K 3GB BIS plan is simply awesome, I recommend this tutorial to everyone who is looking for an affordable way to stay connected on the internet, also connecting other devices through hotspot, for example your android device, tablets, and any other devices. Am presenting using this to write this tutorial and also using my Wi-Fi to connect my Samsung Galaxy S4, I don’t pay for subscription on my S4, I just connect it via my Wi-Fi and life seems so awesome. This makes it cost-effective, with 1K I stay connected on all my devices isn’t that awesome? Lastly you can top up your 3GB data by purchasing another 1K 3GB to add up to make 6GB, you can also top up your data as much as possible to 12GB.
How to Use Glo 1k 3GB BIS on PC Using Blackberry Desktop Manager
- Download the latest blackberry desktop manager from blackberry website, install and run the application
Configure your blackberry desktop manager with the following settings:
- After successful configuration, now click on start mobile internet or just click on the mobile internet button at the bottom.
- Once successfully connected check your blackberry device and you see “modem mode enabled” on the screen of your blackberry and the blackberry logo showing.
- Now you have successfully configured your BDM and your blackberry device to browse on your PC.
How to create a WIFI to connect other devices on your PC
There are lots of WIFI applications that works across different operating systems, I recommend “mHotspot”. It is very easy to install and configure and works on all windows operation systems.
- Download mHotspot from their website, install and run the application
- Configure the mHotspot, see screenshot below:
- Now you’ve successful configured mHotspot, now you can create WIFI.
How to Share your GLO BIS to mHotspot
Open your network and sharing center and click on the properties of Glo BIS, follow the screenshot below:
See how i connected my S4 to the wifi: