Last Updated on March 29, 2021 by Larious
Our personal life is now messed up on our smartphones. Just take a brief look at the Gallery of your smartphone, you will find lots of private photos and videos. These are the files that you probably don’t want to share with others. However, at the same time, you can’t restrict your family member or friends from using your smartphone.
In this scenario, we got no choice left apart from hiding those private photos & videos. Well, there are few tricks available on the internet which can help you to hide images and videos on your Android, but most of the tricks don’t work with Android Oreo or the latest Android Pie.
10+ Best Android Apps To Hide Photos & Videos
So, in this case, having a third party photo & video vault or a simple photo locker seems to be the best option. Photo vault apps work the same way as the App lockers. Therefore, in this article, we have decided to list out some of the best Android apps that can help you to hide photos & videos at ease.
This one stands out from the crowd due to its amazing offerings. The app is pretty much popular amongst Android users and it does a great job by hiding images and videos. The great thing about KeepSafe Photo Vault is that it provides users PIN, Fingerprint, Pattern lock to hide the images and videos.
- You can secure your vault with a PIN, Pattern or Fingerprint
- The app syncs your stored data on its encrypted Private Cloud
- You can easily backup your important photos & videos
- The app hides from the recently used app list
It another interesting app that comes with file locking features. It’s also one of the popular photo vault available on the Google Play Store. The great thing about Vaulty is that it’s capable to hide photos & videos directly from the Gallery itself.
- You can lock any image & video file format
- The app lets you use a PIN or text password to protect vaults
- It lets you create multiple vaults to show different people
- It automatically captures a picture of anyone who enters the wrong password.
It is one of the new Android security app available on the Google Play Store. The great thing about LockMyPix Photo Vault is that users AES Encryption standard which is very difficult to crack.
- The app lets you hide the icon. In this way, LockMyPix becomes invisible
- With LockMyPix, you can create encrypted backups
- The app lets you lock the vault with PIN, fingerprint, password, or pattern
- The premium version also lets you create a fake vault.
It is one of the most popular photo & video vault available on the Google Play Store. The great thing about Hide Something is that it creates an invisible folder on the storage which can be accessed only via Hide Something app.
- The app lets you create invisible folders
- You can store photos and videos on the invisible vault
- The invisible folder can be encrypted with PIN, Password, or Fingerprint
- Apart from photos & videos, it supports lots of other file formats.
As the name of the app says, Gallery Vault is an app for hiding everything that you see on your phone’s Gallery. The app allows users to choose files from the gallery and stores them in the encrypted vault.
- The app easily hides photos, videos, and other file types
- You can encrypt all hidden files with PIN, Password, Pattern, or Fingerprint.
- It also lets you hide the app icon.
- The app also has a built-in private web browser.
It’s not actually a photo or video vault, but it’s a Gallery app in itself. Just like your phone’s Gallery, Piktures for Android also brings all images and videos in one place. The app houses a ‘Secret Drive’ feature which acts as a vault.
- It acts as a full-fledged gallery app for Android.
- With this app, you can access the photos and videos stored on cloud services.
- The gallery app has a ‘Secret Space’ which acts as a Vault.
- You can password protect the Secret Space (Vault) with PIN code.
The great thing about Andrognito is that it uses the military-grade AES encryption standards to hide your private photos & videos. Another best thing about Andrognito is that you can access the vault via the cloud backups on multiple devices.
- It hides & encrypts your files with a military-grade AES 256 algorithm.
- The app also lets you backup your important media files to the Andrognito cloud.
- Andrognito also lets you create a fake vault to deceive intruders.
- The app is highly customizable.
It is one of the top-rated media vault available on the Google Play Store. The great thing about F-Stop Gallery is its interface which looks clean and well-organized. Apart from providing a private vault, F-Stop Gallery also allows users to hide certain images and videos from the Galler by adding a .nomedia file name.
- It’s a full-fledged gallery app for Android
- The app lets you browse through your photos on a map
- You can easily read the metadata directly from the images.
- The app lets you hide images and videos from other apps with password protection.
9. Hide it Pro
Guess what? Hide it Pro can easily hide photos & videos from your photo gallery. Users need to use a secret PIN code to access the hidden files. Check out some of the key features of Hide it Pro
- Once installed, the app shows itself as an ‘Audio Manager’ in the App drawer
- The app has a secret vault where you can store photos, videos, and other file types.
- You can password protect the vault with Pin, Password, and Pattern lock
- Hide It Pro can also hide or lock apps.
10. Gallery Lock
As the name of the app says, Gallery Lock is an Android app that is meant to lock your gallery. The app basically replaces the default gallery app by its own locks it with a password or PIN.
- The app lets you hide photos & videos
- Gallery Lock also has a Stealth mode that hides the app icon.
- The app automatically captures the picture of an intruder after 3rd failed login attempts.
Well, Private Photo Vault keeps your photos and videos safe by requiring a password to view them. Private Photo Vault allows you to password protect the entire app as well as individual photo albums.
- The app keeps all your important images & videos hidden behind a password
- The app hides from your recently used apps list
- You can create a separate video vault to password protect the videos.
- It automatically captures a picture of anyone who’s trying to break into the password-protected vault.
12. Hide Pictures
As the name of the app says, Hide Pictures is another best gallery vault app on the list which allows users to hide photos and videos. The files that you store on the vault is protected with a password or PIN.
- The app acts as a full-fledged gallery app for your Android
- The app lets you back up your stored data in different cloud storage services.
- It automatically records and stores every break-in attempts
This one offers users double-layered password security which protects the entire app with 4 digit pin and individual photos with a password. The app also has a stealth mode that hides the icon from the recent app list.
- You can lock the entire app with 4 digit PIN Lock.
- Apart from the apps, you can also lock individual photo albums.
- The stealth mode of the app hides from the recent apps list.
- You can create albums, import/export photos with this app.
So, these are the 15 Best Android apps that can help you to hide photos & videos at ease. If you think that we have missed any important app on the list, then make sure to list it down in the comment box below.