Last Updated on September 2, 2020 by Larious
It’s no doubt that Google has been on the top of Navigation with Google Maps over the past few years, but that doesn’t mean that other navigation apps don’t exist. There are tons of Google Maps alternatives out there that you can use on your Android device. If you are a frequent traveler, then you might know that lots of great navigation apps rely on an internet connection to show the routes.
But, what if you need GPS location when you’re offline? Does your phone have a GPS app for that? Well, this is where offline GPS apps come in. Offline GPS is indeed a vital feature for map apps as it allows users to explore cities while having data roaming turned off.
So, in this article, we are going to share some of the best offline GPS apps that you can use on your Android smartphone. Some of the apps are not entirely free, and you might need to make some in-app purchases to avail all features of these navigation apps.
It’s also worth noting that there are tons of GPS apps available on the Google Play Store. However, we have only listed the apps which got offline support. So, let’s check out the list of best offline GPS navigation apps for Android 2020.
1. Google Maps
Well, Google Maps is one of the best apps to discover places and explore like a local. Guess what? With Google Maps, you can easily navigate your world faster. Right now, Google Maps covers 220 countries and territories. Not only that, but Google Maps also covers hundreds of millions of businesses and places on the map.
- With Google Maps, you can beat traffic with real-time ETAs.
- The app can help you discover local restaurants, events, etc.
- You can even create lists of your favorite places.
Well, if you are searching for a free GPS app for your Android smartphone that got the offline support, then you need to give MAPS.ME a try. Guess what? In the offline mode of MAPS.ME, you can enjoy search feature, voice navigation, calculate re-route, and public transportation.
- The app lets you save maps for offline use.
- Maps.me provides you a travel guide catalog for hundreds of destinations.
- Few other features of Maps.me include offline search, GPS Navigation, etc.
This one is for those who have been searching for ways to navigate without an internet connection. The great thing about MapFactor GPS Navigation Maps is that it offers free offline maps from OpenStreetMaps. The Android GPS navigation app right now covers more than 200 countries, and thousands of restaurants, ATMs, petrol pumps, etc.
- It’s the best rated free offline navigation app for Android.
- The app lets you navigate without an internet connection in more than 200 countries.
- It has a 2D/3D mode that allows realistic visuals maps display.
4. HERE WeGo
The app offers offline GPS navigations, but it focuses more on transportation like you will find where to find a taxi, public transportation services, etc. Not only that, but the app also compares the car, bike, pedestrian, taxi, and public transportation routes to find the fastest and cost-effective way to make a journey.
- It’s an all-in-one travel & navigation app for Android.
- With this app, you can book a taxi in a single tap or navigate with detailed routes.
- The app tells you everything about the journey before you head out.
5. Genius Maps
The great thing about Genius Maps is that it doesn’t require a mobile internet connection to search and navigate. It’s a premium app, but it offers users a free 7-day trial with full-functional Pro Guidance and Lives traffic info.
- It’s an offline route planning, exploration, and navigation app for Android.
- With the premium account, you will get fully-functional pro guidance and live traffic reports.
It is one of the best and top-rated navigation app that you can use on your Android device. The great thing about Sygic GPS Navigation & Maps is that it offers voice-guided GPS navigations and pedestrian GPS navigation for when you are on a walk.
- The app offers offline maps of all countries in the world.
- Sygic GPS navigation is known for its voice-guided GPS navigation.
- It also provides the most accurate real-time traffic information.
Well, if you are searching for an offline navigation app with access to the free, worldwide, and high-quality offline maps, then OsmAnd might be the best pick for you. With OsmAnd, you can enjoy both voice and visual offline navigations, manage GPS tracks, etc.
- The app lets you access the free, worldwide, and high-quality offline maps.
- The app offers both voice and visual offline navigation.
- Some other features of OsmAnd include lane guidance, street names, estimated time of arrival, etc.
If you have a car and looking for an in-car navigation app, then CoPilot might be the best pick for you. The app focuses on route planning and it provides you different options for every selected journey. Apart from GPS navigations, CoPilot also has covers hotels, restaurants, ATMs, and places of interest.
- It’s an app made for drivers.
- The app is trusted by millions of drivers globally.
- The app offers 14 days of free voice-guided offline navigation, route planning, and traffic reports.
9. Offline GPS
If you are searching for a perfect offline navigation app for everyday driving, then you need to give Offline GPS a try. With Offline GPS, you can use offline GPS navigation to navigate anywhere.
- The app offers free offline maps.
- Offline GPS also offers reliable voice-guided navigation.
- It also shows the speed camera warnings.
As the name of the app says, Offline Map Navigation offers you free offline maps with turn-by-turn navigation and accurate route guidance. The app is heavily popular on the Play Store and it’s definitely the best offline GPS navigation app for Android in 2020.
- With Offline Map Navigation, you can find a driving route between any place.
- The app offers a clean and detailed map.
- Offline Map Navigation also offers detailed driving route instructions with voice navigation.
So, these are the best offline GPS Navigation app that you can use on your Android smartphone. If you know any other such apps, let us know in the comment box below.