Last Updated on October 29, 2020 by Larious
VLC Media player is one of the best media player app available for Windows, iOS, Android, and Linux. The best thing about VLC is that it supports almost all video formats and provides a better video watching experience.
However, VLC is not the only one of its kind out there. In fact, there is plenty of really great and feature-rich media player app available out that there that can be used instead of VLC. So, in this article, we are going to share a list of the best VLC Media Player alternatives.
List of 10 Best VLC Alternatives For Windows 10
It’s worth noting that there are hundreds of media player app available for Windows and mentioning all of them is not possible in a single article.
It is one of the best and top-rated media player software available for the Windows operating system. The great thing about Media Player Classic is that it supports a wide range of video file formats. Not just that, but Media Player Classic also offers users a few customization options to enhance the video watching experience as well.
- The media player is heavily popular among Windows users.
- Compared to other media players, VLC media player supports more formats.
- The media player can be used to convert & download videos.
- The user interface looks clean and simple.
Just like the VLC media player, PotPlayer also supports a wide range of video and audio file formats. However, the user interface of PotPlayer is superior to the VLC Media player. PotPlayer also offers users a few customization options, and it can deal with larger file types as well.
- The media player is known for its attractive user interface.
- It supports a wide range of media file formats.
- The tool also offers you a wide range of customization options.
Although GOM Media Player supports only popular file formats, the user interface is still unmatched by any other video player. What’s more interesting is that GOM Media Player also has a subtitle library that can search and download subtitles of playing video automatically.
- Gom Media Player is one of the lightweight media player app available on the web.
- It supports lots of popular video & audio file format.
- It has a subtitle library that searches and downloads subtitle automatically.
4. DivX Player
Although there are plenty of video player apps available for Windows, not all of them can play HEVC files. For those who don’t know, HEVC is a new file format that reduces the file size of high-resolution videos such as 4K and 8K. DivX Player can play HEVC files with ease. It also supports other major file formats.
- It’s one of the powerful media player app available for Windows.
- The media player is known for its good looking user interface.
- It supports almost every major video and audio file formats.
Well, if you are searching for an advanced media player app for your PC, then you need to give MPV a try. It supports a wide range of media file formats, audio, and video codecs. MPV media player is an open-source, and it’s cross-platform support. It’s also absolutely free to download and use.
- The media player tool is mainly known for its simple user interface.
- It supports most of the popular video & audio format.
- The media player also has subtitles and hardware acceleration support.
6. KM Player
KM Player is for those who have been searching for a good looking and highly customizable media player app. It is not as powerful as VLC, but it gets the basic things done. It supports a wide range of media file formats and offers great playback. The media player is completely free to download & use.
- This is one of the best media player app for Windows 10 to watch 3D movies.
- It supports a wide range of file formats including FLV, MKV, 3GP, OGG, etc.
- The media player is also capable to play 4K files.
Well, Parma Video player is available on the Microsoft store and it’s one of the best media players that you can use on Windows. The tool got the ability to find and list all video files stored on the device. It supports almost all major video and audio file formats.
- It’s a universal media player app for Windows to play video & music.
- It automatically scans and fins all moves stored on your computer.
- Parma Video player supports the majority of formats available.
- It also got the .srt Subtitle support.
Compared to the VLC media player, 5KPlayer is more advanced. Just like the VLC Media player, 5KPlayer also got the ability to stream video content from various video-sharing sites. If we talk about the file format compatibility, 5kPlayer is compatible with almost all major video & audio formats.
- The media player is mostly known for its awesome interface.
- 5K Player can play 4K files also.
- It supports almost all major video formats like FLV, MKV, AVI, etc.
- It can stream video content from video streaming sites.
9. SM Player
SMPLayer can virtually play all video and audio formats at ease. The great thing about SMPLayer is that it got built-in codecs. That means you don’t need to manually search and install codec packs to play any particular file format. Apart from that, it can also play videos from popular video-sharing platform YouTube.
- It’s a free media player with built-in codecs.
- Thank’s to its built-in codes, it can play virtually all video and audio formats.
- The Media Player can also play YouTube videos.
- It comes with several skins and icon themes.
ALLPlayer is one of the best multimedia player app that you can use on your computer. It not just support all video & audio file formats, it also got the ability to scan & download the subtitles. The media player app automatically downloads matching subtitles in all languages.
- It supports most of the popular file formats such as DivX, XviD, MP3, AVI, etc.
- All players also got DVDs, Two Monitors, and TV Support.
- It also has support for Dolby Surround, SPDIF, and 3D Audio.
So, these are the best VLC Alternatives in 2020 that you can use right now. If you know any other such software, let us know in the comment box below.