Last Updated on September 2, 2020 by Larious
Well, if we look around, we will find that almost everyone now holds an Android smartphone. Compared to every other mobile operating system, app availability is quite high on Android. Just take a brief look at the Google Play Store, you will find apps for every different purpose out there like launcher apps, wifi apps, note-taking apps, etc.
Normally, the built-in hotspot feature of Android comes handy at times. However, if you have ever used third party hotspot apps, then you might know that the stock Hotspot feature doesn’t carry every useful feature.
Table of Contents
Best WiFi Hotspot Apps For Android
Well, Mobile data plans are getting cheaper and cheaper with each day, but still, it can’t beat the usage of WiFi hotspots. With WiFi hotspots, you can have free and unlimited internet access. So, in this article, we are going to share some of the best WiFi hotspot apps for Android that could help you to find and connect with free hotspots nearby.
1. WiFi Map
It is one of the best and top-rated WiFi hotspot app that you can use on your Android smartphone. WiFi Map is basically a platform where users share passwords of their WiFi hotspots. The app displays the hotspots on an interactive map.
- With this app, you can access the internet for free.
- The app shows all available WiFi hotspots around you.
- The app also lets you share WiFis on Social networking platforms.
Wiman’s Free WiFi app is another best Android app that can help you find a WiFi hotspot nearby. The great thing about Free WiFi is that it has a database that consists of over 60 million hotspots. Just like WiFi Map, Free WiFi also comes with an interactive map that shows the WiFi hotspots available in certain locations.
- It’s a global WiFi network that allows users to connect to the internet for free.
- Wiman right now has the largest WiFi database consisting of over 60,000,000 hotspots.
- It also lets you download the WiFi maps of cities to avoid data roaming charges.
It is probably the best WiFi app on the list. Just like the above three apps, WiFiMapper also has a community of users who shares passwords of their Hotspot network. You won’t believe it, but WiFiMapper right now has over 500 million hotspot lists which can be used to access the internet for free.
- Unlike every other app, this one also shows a map of nearby free WiFi hotspots.
- The global free WiFi database of WiFiMapper consists of over 3 million free hotspots.
- It also shows you the information about the hotspot venues by showing the WiFiMapper comments.
4. WiFi Finder
This one works just like every other hotspot app on the list. It has an active community of WiFi users who shares the passwords to connect with the hotspot for free. You can also share your network password if you have free unlimited internet.
- This one helps you to find Fast WiFi wherever you go.
- WiFi finder claims to have only verified hotspots that were now not overcrowded and slow.
- You can also download WiFi Finder Maps for offline use while traveling.
Well, WiFi Analyzer is one of the best WiFi apps that every Android user should use. It’s different from all other apps listed in the article. Instead of helping users to connect with free WiFi hotspots, WiFi Analyzer helps users to scan for all hotspots and channels to find the one which is least congested.
- This one turns your Android device into a WiFi analyzer.
- It shows the available WiFi channels around you.
- By showing the WiFi Channels, it helps you to find a less crowded channel.
- The app is great for improving the WiFi speed.
This one provides you an easy option to turn on the portable WiFi hotspot on your device. You just need to type in your hotspot name, password and click on the Save button. This will activate the hotspot. Once done, you can share the WiFi hotspot with other devices or people.
- This is a Widget that lets you turn on the portable WiFi hotspot on your device with a touch.
- The app lets you share a WiFi hotspot with many people without a password.
- The app is compatible with most of the popular & new Android devices.
7. Swift WiFi
Well, if you are searching for an Android app to scan and search free WiFi hotspot around you, then Swift WiFi might be the best pick for you. With Swift WiFi, you can easily connect to other shared WiFi hotspots. Not only that, but it also has a Smart WiFi option which allows you to set a specific mode to turn on/off WiFi.
- Swift WiFi lets you scan and search free WiFi hotspots around you.
- The app claims that all Wifi hotspots were safe and trusted.
- Swift WiFi also shows the real-time speed of the connected WiFi hotspot.
With Free WiFi App, you can easily find free public and private hotspots with passwords. You won’t believe it, but the app right now has over 120,000,000 wifi hotspots in more than 50 countries.
- This app shows all available public and private hotspots around you.
- The app works even without an internet connection as it downloads the offline map during the first install.
- The Free WiFi app has over 120 million free WiFi hotspots.
As the name of the app says, the WiFi map and passwords is a lightweight free WiFi-Map lite app that you can use on Android. With this app, you can easily find and join free WiFi and share public and private WiFi networks. There are more than 20,000,000 WiFi hotspots in the WiFi map and passwords app in more than 50 countries.
- Unlike all other apps, this one also shows the free WiFi hotspots around you.
- The app has over 20 million free WiFi hotspots.
- The information about public hotspots is shown on the WiFi Map.
- You can even share your own WiFi network with others through this app.
Well, if you are searching for an Android app to search for an open WiFi network around your area, then Free WiFi Connect might be the best pick for you. The app automatically scans and shows public WiFi networks. Apart from that, it can be used for creating a personal hotspot & scanning network as well.
- This is a complete Wifi management app for Android.
- You can use this app to create your own personal hotspot.
- Free WiFi connect also offers a network scanner.
- You can even configure your router through this app.
So, these are the 10 best free WiFi hotspot apps which you can use on Android. If you know any other such apps let us know in the comment box below.