Last Updated on August 27, 2023 by Larious
Thanks to the Microsoft Store, Windows 11 users no longer have to rely on malicious or spam-filled software download sites to download software. Windows 11’s Microsoft Store offers thousands of useful apps that you can use for free.
The good thing about Microsoft Store is that it mostly has all the apps users use, such as VLC Media Player, Spotify, and Netflix. While Microsoft Store is convenient for downloading and installing UWP apps, some bugs frustrate many users.
While using Microsoft Store, users often run into problems like the Search bar not working, Microsoft Store closing automatically, errors, and other issues. These things usually happen when the Microsoft Store’s cache data gets corrupted.
Resetting the Microsoft Store is the best way to resolve such issues, as it clears the cache and data. So, in this article, we will share a step-by-step guide on how to clear and reset Microsoft Store Cache in Windows 11.
Table of Contents
How to Clear & Reset Microsoft Store Cache in Windows 11
We have shared two best methods to clear and reset the Microsoft Store cache; you can follow the one that feels right.
1) Clear & Reset Microsoft Store Using Windows 11 Settings
We will use Windows 11’s Settings app to clear & reset Microsoft Store. Here are some of the simple steps you need to follow.
1. First, click the Windows 11 Start button and select Settings.
2. On the Settings app, click on the Apps below.
3. Click the Apps & Features tile on the right, as shown in the screenshot below.
4. Under the Apps & Features page, click on the three dots beside the Microsoft Store and select Advanced options.
5. On the next screen, click on the Reset button as shown below.
6. On the confirmation prompt, click on the Reset button again.
That’s it! You are done. This will clear and reset the Microsoft Store cache in Windows 11.
2) Clear Microsoft Store Cache via CMD
We will use Windows 11’s Command prompt to clear the Microsoft Store’s cache in this method. Here are some of the simple steps you need to follow.
1. First, open Windows 11 Search and type in Command Prompt. Right-click on the Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
2. On the Command Prompt, enter WSReset.exe and hit the Enter button.
That’s it! You are done. This will reset the Windows Store in Windows 11.
3) Clear the Microsoft Store Cache from File Explorer
You can also use the File Explorer of Windows 11 to clear the Microsoft Store cache. Here’s how you can clear the Microsoft Store Cache from the File Explorer.
1. Open the File Explorer (This PC) on Windows 11.
2. Now navigate to this path:
3. You will see various files in the System32 folder. Simply double click on the WSReset executable file.
That’s it! This is how you can reset the Microsoft Store in Windows 11 via File Explorer.
4) Clear Microsoft Store Cache with RUN command
Like the File Explorer, you can also run the WSReset tool from the RUN dialog box. Here’s how you can clear the Microsoft Store Cache with the RUN command.
- Press the Windows Key + R button on your keyboard.
- On the RUN dialog box, type wsreset.exe and press Enter.
That’s it! This will launch the WSReset.exe stored on the System32 folder and reset the Microsoft Store cache.
Resetting will also clear the Microsoft Store Cache and Data. Hence, you may need to sign in with your Microsoft account again to download the Microsoft Store apps. I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends also. If you have any doubts, let us know in the comment box below.