Last Updated on May 23, 2022 by Larious
While using the preview builds of Windows 11, users encounter many problems. Recently, many users have reported facing problems while accessing their hard disk drives. This is because Windows 11 is still being tested, and it’s not entirely free from bugs & glitches.
Some users have said that Windows 11 is not recognizing their hard disk drive, whereas others claimed that file explorer is showing errors while accessing specific drives. If you are experiencing any such issues, you have landed on the right webpage.
Steps to Fix Hard Drive Problems on Windows 11
It’s pretty normal for Windows 11 users to face hard drive-related problems, but the good thing is hard drive problems can be fixed quickly, provided it doesn’t have hardware problems. Here we have shared a few best ways to fix hard drive problems in the latest Windows 11. Let’s check out.
1) Run the Disk Error Checking Utility
Windows 11 has a Disk error checking utility that checks the drive for file system errors. The tool can quickly resolve problems such as Drive taking a long time to open, the drive showing errors while accessing specific folders, etc. The tool will check and drive for file system errors and resolve them.
1. First of all, open the File Explorer on your Windows 11 PC.
2. Next, right-click on the drive where you are experiencing a problem and select Properties.
3. On the Properties Window, switch to the Tools tab.
4. Next, click on the Check button in the Error-checking section.
5. On the Error-checking utility, click on the Scan drive option.
Now the disk checking utility of Windows 11 will run and check the drive for file system errors. If it finds any problem, it will resolve it automatically.
2) Run the Check Disk (chkdsk) utility via Command Prompt
We will run the Windows 11 Check Disk utility via Command Prompt to find and fix hard drive errors in this method. Here’s what you need to do.
1. First, click on the Windows 11 search and type in Command Prompt. Next, right-click on the Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
2. On the Command Prompt window, execute the command:
chkdsk /f c:
Important: replace c: with the drive letter you want to scan.
3. If you wish to fix bad sectors on the hard drive, you need to execute this command:
chkdsk /r c:
Make sure to replace c: with the drive letter you want to scan.
That’s it! The command prompt will run the chkdsk scan and fix hard drive problems on your PC. You might be prompted to schedule a scan during the next restart if it finds any bad sectors. So, make sure to schedule the scan to resolve all sorts of hard drive problems on Windows 11.
3) Other ways to check & repair hard disk errors
If you are still facing hard disk problems on your Windows 11, it’s best to use a third-party error checking utility.
Many third-party tools are available on the web that utilizes the Check Disk utility of your Windows 11 to find and fix various hard drive-related problems.
Hence, you can use tools to check & repair hard disk errors to get your hard drive problem fixed. However, make sure you download the tools from trusted sources and uncheck the bundled apps during the installation problems.
These are the best ways to scan and fix hard drive problems in Windows 11. If you feel that your hard drive has a hardware problem, you might need it replaced. Or, if it’s in the warranty period, you will have to take it to the local service center to get it fixed or replaced. If you know any other ways to fix hard drive problems on Windows 11, let us know in the comments.