Last Updated on November 24, 2020 by Larious
Unlike the Windows operating system, macOS doesn’t allow users to natively browse the file system of Android smartphones. This is why Mac users often rely on third-party options for file transfer between Android and macOS.
So, if you are a Mac user and looking for ways to transfer files between Android and macOS, then you are reading the right article. In this article, we are going to share some of the easy methods that would help you to transfer files between Android and macOS at ease.
How to Transfer Files Between Android and MAC
There are plenty of software available on the internet that makes the file transfer process much easier. However, in this article, we have shared the working methods that would let you move your files between Mac and Android devices. So, let’s check out.
1. Android File Transfer Tool
Well, Google has its own file transfer tool that allows you to browse and transfer files between your MAC computer and Android. The tool is absolutely free to use and it does its job pretty well.
As of now, Android’s file transfer tool seems to be the quickest and most hassle-free way to explore Android’s file on MAC. You just need to install the free tool on your Mac and plug in the Android device.
The file transfer tool will automatically detect the connected devices and will show a window from where you can transfer files between devices.
Using this app, one could easily transfer the files between Mac and Android devices via the USB cable. Follow some of the simples steps given below to use Handshaker to transfer files between Mac and Android.
- Install Hanshaker on the Mac and then launch it there. Connect the Android via USB cable to the Mac.
- The Android app would get installed on your Android device, reconnect your Android to the Mac after that and you shall be able to see all your files and folder in the App.
- Transferring of files could be done through easy copy-paste or drag and drop options.
This is another great app that could be used to share the files and mirror the notifications and messages etc all between Android and Mac. To share the files between Android and Mac using this app, just read on the process.
- Install AirDroid on your Mac and go to Airdroid web client on the Mac using My browser. Tap on the QR option inside the Android app and confirm the QR code of web client on Mac through your phone’s camera.
- Sign in to your Android device through the App and then you could be able to share the files among your Mac and Android. Many other tasks could also be performed which you would either love to use.
File Transfer Protocol is the another best method which could be used to share the files among the Android and Mac. Using the file browsers like ES File Explorer on the Android device the connection of FTP between Android and Mac could be created easily and hence the task could be done.
- First of all, open the Mac Terminal and type up the command: “sudo -s launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemo“
- On an Android device, open the ES File browser, tap on the three-dot menu from the top left, and then under the Network option select FTP.
- Create a new FTP connection by tapping on New on the Android device.
- Manage your FTP created by filling in the details IP Address: ifconfig / grep inet / grep 192” Put in the username and password of your choice
- That’s it. Now Tap on OK and then find your Mac files under the server in ES File Explorer.
So, these were some of the best methods to transfer files between Android and Mac. By following the methods given above, you can easily transfer all types of files. I hope this article helped you! Share it with your friends also. If you have any doubts related to this, let us know in the comment box below.