Last Updated on December 6, 2020 by Larious
Please read and verify your vehicle status and avoid Police trouble. It was on the 14th day of March that I drove into one of the police station to obtain the new tinted glass permit, in the process, it was discovered that the plate number of my car is being used by another car.
My first question is “How is it possible?” Because I obtained this number from FRSC with all documents intact. I never knew the car was going to stay for 12 days in the station.
A file was quickly opened and the car became an exhibit.
Thank God the car was registered by a very high ranking officer of the FRSC who was brought to the station. As the investigation was going on, it was discovered that some people were producing these fake and duplicate number plates and giving out to innocent and un suspicious Nigerians, ripping them off their hard-earned money.
My question is, should we now go and buy these numbers at a shop in Alaba or at idumota instead of the federal government-approved agencies? In the course of my research, I stumbled upon the number plate verification system online. I started verifying cars of friends, church members and even cars that I see on the road. A shocking revelation was made that OUT OF EVERY 10 CARS you see on the road with LAGOS and ABUJA number plates, at least 4 is FAKE.
Note: this verification is only applicable to the number plates with this formats ABC123AB not AB123 ABC.
You can check your own now.
(1) Go to www.nvisng.org/
(2) Enter your number in the space provided. Eg “ABC863AP
(3) Click on verify button. Then an information will be displayed below the button. Because FRSC did not want the general public to see the full details of the registration, you will only see the name of your car and the date of registration.
Here are some samples:
1. This number plate has been produced by FRSC and assigned to Toyota highlander on 20/01/2015. If your car is Toyota highlander, then you are lucky its done. But if your car is for instance Toyota Camry and your verification shows the above message, then you are in as me. Solution is to go and re-register your car afresh.
2. This number plate has been produced by FRSC and assigned to Matrix however the vehicle is yet to be registered….. If your car is Matrix, then just go back to the person that registered your car and tell him/her to complete your registration.
3. This plate number has been produced by FRSC but yet to be assign to any vehicle. It means that they just gave you a number plate that is not even registered in their system. Solution is to go to them to register your car and upload your information.
4. An invalid/wrong number plate. Do I need to explain this, NO.
Verify your car first and sort yourself out with the FRSC before you even proceed to police for tinted permit cos if police are the one to find out, then you know what follows. Many innocent Nigerian are suffering now because of impunity in our institutions
Let us spread this news until everyone is aware of this evil FRSC is perpetrating. You are free to share fast-fast please!!!!!
This article was sent to me by an LKT fan..You can inform your friends and loved ones to verify their number plate before the police or FRSC officials make money off their head due to lack of information.