Last Updated on March 29, 2021 by Larious
The Central Bank of Nigeria through the Banker’ Committee and in collaboration with all banks in Nigeria on February 14, 2014 launched a centralized biometric identification system for the banking industry tagged Bank Verification Number (BVN)
The CBN has ordered that with effect from November 1, 2015 there be a restriction on ATM use, Internet Banking access and use of alternative channels for customers WHO HAVEN’T COMPLETED THEIR BVN REGISTRATION.
The CBN gave a directive to all banks stating the deadline of the BVN registration on the 31st of October. The deadline for getting a Bank Verification Number has passed yet Millions of bank customers were denied access to their bank accounts due to failure of banks to link their accounts to their Biometric Verification Number (BVN).
Online investigations revealed that bank customers that had obtained the BVN from one bank, and had submitted it to other banks where they also have accounts, discovered that their accounts in the other banks had been blocked and restrictions placed on accounts as a result with non-compliance with the CBN directive.
If you have been trying to link your BVN number to your other banks, this tutorial is just what you need. This tutorial is mainly to link your BVN number to all your banks without necessarily going to the banks to fill the linkage BVN forms which waste time and resources.
Lets get started below:
Below are all the lists of banks that currently enable their customers link their bank accounts to their BVN number.
Visit any GTBank ATM and follow these steps:
- Insert your GTBank card in ATM and input your four digit PIN
- Picks “BVN Linking” option
- Enter your 11-digit BVN number and select “Proceed”
- The ATM will display the BVN number and request you to validate
- Once the BVN number is validated as correct, select “Proceed”
- Insert your PIN to validate and submit
- BVN is linked to customer’s account
NOTE: If you need money fast and want to withdraw money from your account and you have your BVN with you but you but your account has being limited and Atm don’t work, Go over the bank counter to try a withdrawal with your bank withdrawal slip, when they cashier tell you about the restriction, gave him/her your BVN and indicates you’ve tried linking it before either via internet banking or ATM.
To link your BVN number with first bank, Simply Text BVN#account number#BVNCode to 08076664444
- For example: BVN#30280**789#22103033148
- Wait for few minutes, you would receive a text message stating your BVN has been successfully submitted for processing.
- Or Link it online via first bank linkage form Here, If you get an error, try again.
NOTE: The text message isn’t free, text message charges implies with your network
- Simply text BVN, leave a space your account number and BVN number to 20121
- For example BVN 0170216788 22193486908 to 20121.
- Or you can link your BVN on their website here.
Simply link your diamond bank account with your BVN number below:
- Send your BVN details via email to email@example.com
- Or send your BVN number and account no as SMS to 30811
- Call our 24hour contact center on 07003000000
- Simply update your BVN via your iBank profile
- Or call ZenithDirect on +23412787000, 2927000, 4647000
- Or mail your BVN number and account no to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Simply dial *326*9# on your ecobank phone number you registered to receive alert and follow the instruction prompts to input your BVN number.
- Simply dial *919*6# on the mobile number linked to your account and follow the prompts
- Simply send your account details, BVN, Mobile number, date/bank of enrolment and date of birth via mail to email@example.com
- Or call 080034335489 for update.
- Or login to the internet banking portal and click on the “no BVN” link.
- Simply send your BVN number and account no to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Simply send your BVN and account details to email@example.com
- Simply send your BVN and account details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Simply send Name, Account Number, Local Government Area (LGA), Sate of Origin and BVN, via any of the following options:
- 24-Hour Contact Center: call +234 1 270 4611-4
- Online Banking: log on to your Online Banking and send a mail by clicking on the “Contact us” button
- Send a mail to Callcentre.Nigeria@sc.com
- Simply link your Union Bank account with your BVN number via union bank website using account linkage tool here
- Simply visit stanbicibtc bank website and fill the BVN update form Here
- Simply link your keystone bank account with your BVN number, Click here to take you to Keystone Bank’s BVN linker
- Simply link your heritage bank account with your BVN number,Click here to take you to Heritage Bank’s BVN linker.
Finally, I hope this article was of great use, Also please share with others. If you encountered any issues, kindly drop a comment.