Last Updated on May 30, 2020 by Larious
Without much fanfare, Oppo announced the Oppo A92S mid-range 5G smartphone in China. The device is the first in the world to be powered by MediaTek’s Dimensity 800 5G SoC. Oppo A92s features a 6.57-inch display and four rear cameras.
The chip was announced last year in December and it’s used by manufacturers in making affordable 5G phones and this Oppo A92S is a perfect proof.
Oppo A92S Key Specs & Features
- 6.57 inch IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~401 ppi)
- Android 10, ColorOS 7.0
- Octa-core MediaTek MT6873V Dimensity 800 5G (7 nm)
- 6GB / 8GB RAM
- 128GB Built-in Storage
- 48 MP + 8 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 16 MP + 2 MP Dual Front Cameras
- Fingerprint (Side-Mounted)
- 4G LTE Network
- 5G Network
- Fast Charging 18W
- 3890 mAh Li-Po Non-Removable Battery
Design and Display
The Oppo A92S packs a decent body that features a smooth panel wrapped with plastic. The frame also has a plastic while the front is made of glass.
It 163.8 x 75.5 x 8.1 mm in dimensions and weight 184 grams which is still light. The phone is made available in good color shades.
On the front, it packs a 6.57-inch albeit LCD display with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels, a tall 20:9 ratio, and 401 PPI density. There is a 120Hz refresh rate and Oppo says the display reaches 84.3% screen-to-body ratio.
As for the camera, you will find a pill-shaped punch-hole for two selfie cameras at the top left corner of the display. This includes a 16MP sensor and a 2MP sensor with an ultrawide angle lens.
Meanwhile, on the back, Oppo A92S has a squircle-shaped camera module that houses quad cameras. The primary camera is a 48MP sensor, an 8MP ultrawide angle camera, a 2MP macro camera, and a 2MP depth sensor.
Thankfully, the camera can shoot 4K videos and it’s paired with an LED flash as well.
Hardware and Software
The Oppo A92S has a MediaTek MT6873V Dimensity 800 5G chipset based on 7nm process technology. The octa-core processor is clocking at a speed of 2.0 GHz with Mali-G57MP4 for graphics.
The SOC is paired with 6GB or 8GB of RAM and you get 128GB of storage. It’s unspecified if the phone support micro SD card. Nevertheless, it runs on the Android 10 operating system with ColorOS 7.0 mounted on top.
Battery and Network
The Oppo A92S has a 4000 mAh battery on the inside with an 18W fast charge. There is a side-mounted fingerprint scanner that you can use to unlock the phone by placing your finger on the power button.
Other features include NFC, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, Wi-Fi, and USB 2.0 for charging and file transfer.
Oppo A92S Price and Availability
The Oppo A92S is now available for purchase at a price of $310 for the 6GB model while the 8GB model will sell at a price of $353.
In Nigeria, the smartphone will start selling at a price of 125,000 Naira, 35,000 KSh in Kenya, and 1,900 Ghs in Ghana. It will ship in black and purple colors.
Oppo A92S Specs
Here are a few specs of the Oppo A92S:
- Platform: Android 10, ColorOS 7.0
- Processor: MediaTek MT6873V Dimensity 800 5G (7 nm), Octa-core (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G57MP4
- Memory: 6/8GB RAM
- Colours: Black, Blue/White
- Dimension: 163.8 x 75.5 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 184 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.57 inches IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~401 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48 MP (wide) + 8 MP (ultrawide) + 2 MP (macro) + 2 MP (depth) Quad Cameras, [email protected], [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 16 MP (wide) + 2 MP (depth) Dual Front Cameras
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: –
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, CDMA 800 & TD-SCDMA
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infra Blaster: No
- USB Port: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: (side-mounted)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 3890 mAh battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, Fast charging 18W