Last Updated on May 28, 2020 by Larious
Making a stand in the smartphone market hasn’t been very successful for Sharp. In recent years they churned out different smartphones with hopes that it brings them into the spotlight. The release of the Sharp Aquos Zero 2 shows they aren’t relenting. This smartphone packs in last year’s flagship specs with a price tag that places it in competition with likes of the Oneplus 8.
Sharp Aquos Zero 2 Player Key Specs & Features
- 6.4 inch OLED Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels (403 ppi)
- Android 10
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 (7 nm)
- 8GB RAM
- 256GB Built-in Storage
- 20MP + 12.2MP Dual Rear Camera
- 8MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Under Display, Optical)
- IP68 Dust/Water-Resistant
- 3130 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po battery
The Design and Display
The Sharp Aquos Zero 2 design tends towards the subtle side. It is void of any outstanding feature. It is also likened to an almost clean slab, with edges that flush into your palm. You also get an IP68 rating for dust and water resistance.
Upfront we have a 6.4-inch OLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2340 Pixels and a screen density of 403 PPI. This display is home to notch that houses a front-facing camera.
On the rear, we have an array of dual cameras, a camera flash, and the Aquos branding which sort of indicates it’s a Sharp smartphone.
The Sharp Aquos Zero 2 falls short in camera hardware. A lot of trending features are absent. The rear camera setup comprises of only a 12.2MP primary camera and a 20MP ultrawide camera. Features like depth and Macro are absent. This puts it behind other competitors like Realme X50 Pro 5G.
This rear camera setup is capable of shooting 4k videos at 30fps and also 1080p videos. You also get HDR mode for photos.
Selfies are manned by a single 8MP shooter which is also capable of 1080p video record. You also have HDR for photos.
Hardware and Software
As mentioned in the introductory paragraph, the Sharp Aquos Zero 2 comes packed with last year’s hardware specs, with its core being last year’s Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor.
The Snapdragon 855 processor is no slouch for sure. However, competition demands you feature the latest processor, as a prerequisite to making a stand in the competitive market.
Other performance driving specs includes an Adreno 640 GPU, 8GB of RAM, 256GB of internal storage, and a non-removable 3130mAh battery.
On the software side, you have got the user interface running on the Android 10 operating system.
The Sharp Aquos Zero 2 features a USB Type-C port, Dual-band Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity.
Internet connectivity on the Sharp Aquos Zero 2 is capped at 4G LTE, this means you don’t have the luxury of 5G internet speed. Download and uploads are limited to 4G speed.
Sharp Aquos Zero 2 Price and Availability
The Price of the Sharp Aquos Zero 2 is around $738, which is about 288,189 in Naira, 79,011 Kenyan Shilling, and 4,259 Ghana Cedi.
The Sharp Aquos Zero 2 was announced on May 22 and is currently available for purchase. It comes in just Blue.
Sharp Aquos Zero 2 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Sharp Aquos Zero 2:
- Platform: Android 10
- Processor: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.78 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Colours: Blue
- Dimension: 158 x 74 x 8.8 mm
- Weight: 141 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.4-inch OLED Display, 1080 x 2340 Pixels, 403 PPI
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 12.2MP (wide) f/1.7 + 20MP (Ultrawide) f/2.4 Dual Camera
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, 4k @30fps, [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 8 MP Camera, f/2.2 [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Built-in Storage: 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 28, 38, 39, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C (2.0) Reversible Connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with Stereo Speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: Dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (Under Display, Optical)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 3130 mAh Li-ion Battery.
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: –