Last Updated on April 7, 2020 by Larious
Instagram eCommerce marketing strategies in 2020 should be more specific and strategic to generate more sales. This is because Instagram has evolved a lot from being a selfie-posting platform to a powerful networking app for businesses to share the photos of their product for marketing.
- Moreover, after the acquisition of Instagram by Facebook, this app has grown in popularity even more. Now, it has more than one billion active monthly users.
- Half of these users visit their accounts on a daily basis to follow their favorite brand which is why there are more than 25 million business accounts on this platform.
However, this is not all that this platform has to offer to the eCommerce brands with more than 2 million advertisers. It helps in interacting with the audience and works brilliantly making it be a perfect match for eCommerce marketing.
There are some new trends in Instagram marketing noticed which you should follow to gain more followers and generate more sales. These trends are shaping up e-commerce marketing today. These trends include:
- More targeted ads
- New tools and tactics
- Features to ensure higher brand engagement.
Therefore, if you have not started using Instagram yet, it is high time that you do so. Focus more on Instagram ads which come in five different formats such as:
- Carousels ads
- Photos ads
- Story ads
- Videos ads and
- Slideshow ads.
Make sure that you integrate these ads seamlessly into the Instagram interface. This will ensure that your followers have a smoother and better experience. You, on the other hand, will gain free Insta likes more than any other traditional marketing modes.
Organic and paid
When you create your Instagram ads, test both your products and creativity organically before you choose paid one. You should know that people like to look at other real people. Follow this as the rule of thumb.
However, this is not enough to day. You will also need to show your products in the best possible way. Preferably in a natural setting or someone using it. This will move up the needle of:
- Trust and
Now, the question is, how do you know your posts is creative and working at its best. The simple answer to this is that you do not, until you test your creative and products first.
Moreover, you will need to form a strong partnership with the influencers. This will help you to create superior content. Such spend on your das will add fuel to the fire, so to speak. However, taking on organic following first and ensuring creative variations across all ads you will need to know the discernable trends and watch the analytics to pick the best and use it for your purpose.
Use tools to sell
There are different tools available to sell your products on Instagram. Ideally, there are three most effective tools that you can use. These are:
- Storefront: You can use the tools that will convert the link into a clickable storefront to sell your product on Instagram easily as a brand. This will help you to showcase all your products and connect them all with a single image. Using the bio link the user can visit your store and then click on the ‘buy now’ button to make a purchase.
- Hashtag: This is another useful way to sell products on Instagram. This handy way may look much similar to storefront link method however the hashtags make the items more buyable so that your followers may find them easily on the platform and purchase them.
- Photos: You must use visually appealing photos that will help you to build your brand value and awareness among people. If you focus on the photos you will be able to give your users a better visual experience. The engaging content and attractive images will drive more sales.
Experts also say that you will be better off in making your sale when you watermark your images with the domain name. This will ensure that the users do not feel that they are being pushed to buy your product. These images when watermarked will enable the users to know where to visit to find out more about your business.
Tagging your products
When you tag your products, it will provide your users with a clear call-to-action. This will simplify the buying process for your customers and, on the other hand, the platform will allow you to reach to a larger audience as well as transform the platform into your sales funnel.
Tagging your products is a simple process and can be done in no time. these couple of simple steps will help you to do it most effectively:
- Create a shop section on the Facebook page of your business
- Connect it to Instagram
- Add your products to it and
- Select the option that will allow the customers to visit your ecommerce website and not Facebook.
This will help you to keep your inventory management system up to date always. Just make sure that you wait for your Instagram account to send a notification that you are allowed to tag products.
Making it an effortless process
You will increase your sales on Instagram only when you make the buying process simple. This is required in addition to create a good content to get great engagement. Using user generated content for your posts on Instagram account will also help you to get more attention from the target audience.
You will need to ensure that you ill the feeds of your users with value-adding posts to gain a higher brand visibility. All these vanity metrics will create a more sustainable, smoother and more effective funnel that will translate your Instagram marketing campaigns into sales.
In order to gain all that you want from the platform, make sure that:
- You gauge the user journey carefully
- Create a better and smoother checkout process
- Reduce the number of steps
- Increase conversion
- Earn trust and
- Tweak your strategy.
You must also create a customized landing page to directly link with your customers. This will also help you to increase your email list along with increasing your sales.