Last Updated on October 11, 2014 by Larious
We all know that the Glo BIS plan at N1000 for 3GB is actually the cheapest and most affordable BIS plan in the country, and the high-rise of Android users changing their Imei to that of a blackberry so they can make use of the Glo BIS plan on their Android device. The main issue involved here is that, not all Android devices actually allows or support change of their device Imei. The change of Imei is quite easy if you have an MTK Device. But for Samsung, HTC, Xperia, Lg and other brands of Android devices practically doesn’t allow change or repair of Imei, though it can be done through other means. But for now there’s another way to make Glo bis work directly on your Android device without you changing the Imei on your device.
Kindly follow the steps below:
- STEP 1: Get a Glo sim, either old or new, put the sim on your android device, Put On your Mobile Network, (Note: H or E will come out depending on your network mode)
Go to your Mobile Network Settings, make sure you Network Mode is WCDMA (3G only)
Go to Access Point Names, Create a New APN called Glo BIS or any name of your choice, Make the APN: blackberry.net (Note: Your H will disappear)
- STEP 2: Load #1000 on your Glo Sim and go to your messages and send BBCMONTH to 777
You’ll get a message concerning the text you sent from 777 (you can dial #124*1# to confirm if they’ve removed the money)
Go back to Settings, Then Sim Management and off the Network, or simply put On your Airplane mode, and remove the sim
- STEP 3: Put the sim in a Blackberry phone, wait for it to load. (After loading, mobile network, put it ON and make sure your network mode is 2G)
Wait till you have EDGE and then try browse using default bb browser, you may get an error message (i.e. you won’t be able to browse)
>>Exit and Go to Option/Settings
>>Host Routing Table
- Click on bb icon (bb option key) on your phone then Register
Remove the Battery and restart then phone.
- STEP 4: After rebooting the phone, go to default bb browser and try browse for about 5 mins (browsing Facebook or any site)
Now press the RED key and Go to Option/Settings
>>Host Routing Table
Click on bb icon (bb option key) on your phone then Register
Immediately Remove the Battery.
- STEP 5: Put the sim in your android Device and go to settings and ON your Sim management (off airplane mode in case you use airplane mode)
You’ll notice H will appear. By now you’re on track. Browsing have started again.
CAUTION: On no account must you change your APN or off your data or your phone, if you do that you’ll have to start from Step 3 again and it works on all devices including mtk devices with OS 4.0 and above
Anytime your battery is low or you want to put off your phone, simply go to settings and off your sim management and when you want to use it, switch it on back.
NOTE: This trick works on SAMSUNG, TECNO, GIONEE, HTC and other devices and also on BB 10.