Last Updated on October 20, 2018 by Larious
The Nysc redeployment scheme was established based on three main factors, Marital or Health ground and recently added Security ground. But many of us only talk about redeployment if the state of deployment isn’t favorable to us or probably surrounded by life and death situation (Boko haram).
Many corps members wants to redeploy to another state closer to home or if possible demobilized home, But what many don’t understand is the procedure to follow, who to approach, and on what grounds will a redeployment request be considered by NYSC board.
MUST READ: How To Get Any State Of Your Choice For Nysc
You can read all about the NYSC mobile app and downloads Here, The mobile app would be of great use during your Nysc
NOTICE: Prospective Corps Members in Batch C Stream II, And your State of Deployment is “Adamawa State” But your Orientation Camp is In Benue State,
- [button color=”” size=”” type=”round” target=”” link=”https://lowkeytech.com/uk-used-phones-price-list-htc-phones/”]Uk Used Phones: Price-List Of All HTC Phones[/button]
- [button color=”” size=”” type=”round” target=”” link=”https://lowkeytech.com/uk-used-phones-price-list-apple-phones/”]Uk Used Phones: Price-list Of All iPhones[/button]
- [button color=”” size=”” type=”round” target=”” link=”https://lowkeytech.com/uk-used-phones-price-list-samsung-phones/”]Uk Used Phones: Price-List Of All Samsung Phones[/button]
- [button color=”” size=”” type=”round” target=”” link=”https://lowkeytech.com/uk-used-phones-price-list-sony-xperia-phones/”]Uk Used Phones: Price-List Of All Sony Xperia Phones[/button]
- [button color=”” size=”” type=”round” target=”” link=”https://lowkeytech.com/uk-used-phones-price-list-blackberry-phones/”]Uk Used Phones: Price-list Of All Blackberry Phones[/button]
The National Youth Service Corps will only consider requests that meet the requirements below:
- Marital Ground: Marital ground is usually only considered for female corps members who want to move to the state of residence of their husband. A corps member who wants to be relocated to another state, should after the Swearing-in Ceremony apply in his/her writing stating why he/she wants to be relocated. The application should be addressed to the Director-General through the State Coordinator. If you are applying on marital ground, you are to attach the following:
- Marriage Certificate
- Change of name in any of the National Newspaper
- A letter from your husband’s office as an evidence that your husband is domiciled in the state you want to relocate to.
- Medical Ground: You will need a medical report from our institution’s medical Centre or a recognized General Hospitals, Federal Medical Centres, Military/Police Hospital reports. And claimed to medical case history are subject to further confirmation to establish their authenticity.
- Security Ground: States affected are: Borno, Adamawa, Gombe, Yobe, and other Northern states in that region. This has been a major concern in the country and the trend of Boko haram is on the high-rise, most Northern states are not safe anymore, every day we hear strange news about Boko haram, moving from one Northern states to the next. This actually breaks the heart of a prospective corps member when he/she sees their call up letter showing state of deployment Adamawa state. Parents won’t even allow their children to go to camp for the orientation exercise and even if they allow them go, their mind won’t be at rest, just because the security of this country is terrible and the so-called government can’t do anything about it.
The whole aim of N.Y.S.C has been defeated, let’s stop deceiving ourselves. I bet those in power would never allow their children go anywhere near the north. In the first place why did Nysc post prospective corps members to those places? What security measures have they taken to protect corps members in Northern states? Yes we know Nysc change the Orientation camps to safer states, but wasn’t N.Y.S.C supposed to be for national integration? but its purpose has been defeated. The same way NYSC officials would want to love and protect their Children so also every parent would want to protect his or her child.
NOTE: Fake Medical Reports Attract Sanctions
If you want to carry out NYSC Redeployment, don’t use fake medical reports as it now attracts strict sanctions. You can ask Nysc for redeployment on three grounds, Health, Marital Status and now Security concerns. The DG of NYSC has vowed to strictly scrutinize all medical reports submitted and sanction corps members who use fake or forged reports.
The Director General of the National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, Johnson Olawuni, has vowed to punish corps members falsifying medical reports to secure deployment to new stations.
Brig.Gen JB Olawuni said several medical reports submitted by corps members were found to be fake, and that subsequent certificates will undergo stringent validation, including confirmation with the respective hospitals.
Speaking in Abuja, Brig.Gen JB Olawuni, said that relocation due to security challenges in some part of Nigeria will be treated strictly.
“On the case of relocation, the management will apply full weight of the law on any corps member that procures fake medical papers for the purpose of effecting relocation,” he said.
“I wish to make it clear that medical papers submitted for the purpose of seeking for relocation will be subjected to thorough scrutiny and any case of forgery will be visited with commensurate punishment in line with the NYSC bye-law.”
He said that a review was carried out on the documents submitted by the batch a corps members currently in camp, and many were confirmed to have been forged.
“This year all the medical papers we got we have sorted them out state by state and sent them to all the secretariat and we ask them to go the hospital to find out if the papers are real, but to our greatest surprise, we found out that those hospital don’t exists and where the hospitals exist no doctor and when there are doctors , the signature was forged so we have decided that those corps members will not go unpunished and they will also be queried and asked to do labour work,” Mr. Olawumi said.
Brig.Gen JB Olawuni also said that corps members could also relocate from the state they were posted to, based on security reasons.
“Corp members could only relocate based on health and marital grounds but now we just added security grounds. If a corps member is posted to Borno he has the right to say no I don’t want to go Borno on security grounds and we will relocate him or her to wherever he or she wants to serve,” he said.
Batch C Stream I and II corps members who are posted to volatile states in North-East Nigeria also have the opportunity to redeploy during their camping exercise. However, experience has shown that insecurity may not be enough reason for redeployment to be granted at the camp since almost everyone wants to redeploy. You can support you request with medical, marital or other reasons (please come with evidence).
A Must Read: NYSC Stream II Redeployment Interview
We conducted an interview to make clear your questions on NYSC Stream II Redeployment interview
“I wonder why NYSC will post me to Borno State to go and serve my country, despite the security challenges faced in that part of the country, chai….NYSC daris God o…..in this North you are posting people to!”
Over 80% of Corp members mobilized for NYSC Batch B, 2014 where posted to the North(my statistics), many where even posted to Boko Haram affected states such as Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Kano etc.
I can feel the pain and expression of grievance on the faces of these newly posted corps as they held their call up letters. I personally was crestfallen and dejected, this singular act portrayed by NYSC must have made so many families panic, because most parents don’t want their children posted to the north especially areas prone to boko haram attacks.
Thank God, NYSC has redeployed some of the corps members posted to boko haram affected states to states safe from boko haram attacks and has scheduled their 3weeks orientation camp to commence, immediately after those posted to these original state finish their camping. But, the major problem now is after camping where are there going to serve, are they going back to the states they were original posted to or are going to serve in the states they did their camping? This and many more questions are bordering the mind of these redeployed corps. On this issue, I had the privilege of interviewing an ex-corper
He was posted to YOBE STATE but did his 3 weeks orientation camp in NASSARAWA STATE. Here is the details of the interview below:
Collins: Good morning Sir,
Ex-corper: Morning Corper Collins
Collins: Sir, am aware you were posted to Yobe State last year for your NYSC
Ex-corper: YES, but I didn’t set my legs on the soil of YOBE STATE, in fact I did my 3weeks orientation camp at Nassarawa State and the YOBE State governor declared the Camp open after which I was redeployed to Akwa Ibom State.
Collins: Wow! Regarding this redeployment, many people posted to the north and boko haram affected states wants to redeploy but don’t know how to go about it.
Ex-corper: well, usually all corpers are eligible for redeployment, but redeployment is usually based on 3 grounds namely, marital, health and security grounds. In the case of security ground, which was my case, all corps members posted to boko haram affected states and to the north are eligible for redeployment. The redeployment form will be shared to all corps members willing to redeploy for them to fill in the camp, in the form you will be asked to fill the State you which to be redeployed to and submit it to your platoon officer. In my case I filled Ekiti State, before the end of the camp I was handed over a letter that I will take to my redeployed state, to my utmost surprise I saw AKWA IBOM STATE, 3days after camping has ended I took my letter to AKWA IBOM NYSC STATE SECRETARIAT after which I was received and did the necessary clearance to enlist on their payroll for my monthly alawee.
Collins: Really, that’s thoughtful of them at least you have moved to a safer state. Please Sir, how much were you paid in the camp?
EX-corper: I was paid my 2 months allowance in the camp, that’s 39600, since I didn’t follow stream1, in the previous month. Also, I was paid 2,500 for local transport allowance
Collins: great, it means even though we are waiting for stream1 to finish we are considered to be serving
Ex-corper: YES, and you will pass out the same day!
Collins: But Sir, how did you go about PPA (Place of Primary Assignment)
Ex-corper: I was posted to a place of primary assignment in akwa ibom after completing my registration at the AKWA IBOM NYSC SECRETARIAT
Collins: Were you paid the State allowance?
Ex-corper: Yes I was, though I was not paid for the first month when I came because I was not through with my registration but subsequent months I received both the federal and state allowance
Collins: That’s good, thanks for your time, I appreciate
Ex-corper: You are welcome, have a stress free service year!
Finally in conclusion, I strongly hope all information gathered above would enlighten you about the Nysc redeployment process. And also know it’s not actually everyone that is going to be granted redeployment letters to various states of redeployment. Try as possible to experience something new and explore new cultures, languages, and other fun aspect if you are not posted to the North. But advice those posted to the North to be very careful, kindly redeploy somewhere safe and then enjoy your service year.
God would go with all Prospective corps members, And also all prospective corpers going for service in 2018.
Best of LUCK and God go with You All!!!