Last Updated on July 6, 2017 by Larious
In a press release signed by the NYSC Director of Press and Public Relation, Mrs Olubunmi Aderibigbe on Tuesday, April 7, 2015 explained that corps member was entitled to a sum of N13,000.00 only which breaks down to N9,000.00, N3,000.00 and N1,000.00 for honoraria, transportation and feeding respectively.Stated as false information making round that the allowance due to corps members that participated in the 2015 General Elections was N53,500.00.
NYSC & INEC OFFICIAL PAYMENT SCHEME FOR CORPERS
See the press statement below:
National Directorate Headquarters Yakubu Gowon House Maitama -Abuja.
- The attention of the NYSC Management has been drawn to an online publication misinforming Corps members that the allowance due to them for participation in the 2015
General Elections is N53,500.00. The originator of the false publication is also mobilizing them to shun the next election on 11 April unless this total sum is fully paid.
- Our preliminary investigation has so far indicated that this publication did not emanate from our Corps members and it is a mischievous circulation by some unscrupulous elements to discourage Corps members from participating in the next election for whatever reasons best known to them.
- To correct the misinformation, Management hereby wishes to put the record straight for public awareness and restate to Corps members in clear terms their true entitlement for the elections. The allowances for each Corps member is as follows:
(a) Training allowance of Four Thousand Five Hundred Naira (N4,500.00) only paid directly by INEC to Corps members for the training held before elections.
(b) For each of the two elections, a Corps member is entitled to a sum of Thirteen Thousand Naira (N13,000.00) only which breaks down to N9,000.00, N3,000.00 and N1,000.00 for honoraria, transportation and feeding respectively. This implies that for the two elections, the total allowance due to each Corps member is Twenty Six Thousand Naira (N26,000.00) only. The fund for these was approved by
INEC and remitted directly into each of the NYSC state Secretariat’s account a week before the Presidential and
National Assembly Elections.
- Management has confirmed that the amount of N13,000.00 for the Presidential and National Assembly
Elections has been paid and any Corps member who could not receive the payment latest 6pm on Tuesday 7 April should make a complaint through the necessary channels.
Also, Management has directed that the N13,000 allowance for the 11 April Gubernatorial and State Assembly Elections should be paid in advance by all NYSC State Secretariats
latest by Friday 10 April 2015. Corps members are however to note that for those who receive the advance payment for the 11 April election and thereafter opt out of participation
for whatever reason, the paid amount will be deducted from their April 2015 monthly allowance.
- Management wishes to seize this opportunity to appreciate the gallant and patriotic efforts of Corps members nationwide who braved all odds in spite of the challenges of intimidation, threats of violence and logistics
shortcomings to give their best in the Presidential and National Assembly Elections of 28 March 2015. You are no doubt the unsung hero of that election. However, be reminded that the job is not yet completed. You are
therefore called upon to get back immediately and prepare for next Saturday’s election. Since the conclusion of the 28 March election, Management has carried out a comprehensive review of the security challenges and is more poised to ensure the safety and security of Corps members in the upcoming election of Saturday 11 April 2015.